#Video Response to 10 Questions on #India’s Female #Gendercide
In the video below, campaign founder Rita Banerji responds to 10 of the most frequently asked questions on India’s female gendercide in her first video Q&A response. The questions which were a part of an e-interview with college students in Delhi are listed below the video. If you have additional questions please leave them in the comment box. BELOW IS THE FULL VERSION OF THIS VIDEO WHICH IS 40 MINUTES. FOR A 15 MIN. EDITED VERSION CLICK HERE
The questions answered in the above video in sequence are:
- Can female gendercide ever end given how entrenched it is in Indian culture and religion?
- Why do parents not give up baby girls for adoption instead of killing them?
- What’s the use advocating for the rights of the girl child when we cannot even enforce laws?
- Why do women participate in the killing of infant girls and other women for dowry?
- Does industrialization play a role in female gendercide?
- Is female feticide really ‘choice’ as advocated by the pro-choice movement?
- Are girls conditioning to be submissive a part of the reason for female gendercide?
- When there are so many ways to kill females in India where can we start?
- Is there a target group to begin our efforts to stop female gendercide?
- As a girl what do I symbolize to India? And isn’t it better for me to die then live this way?